wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Thursday, May 20, 2010

wire and fibre flower ring: blue anemone
'anemone' wire and fibre ring

This is one of my favourites. I'm so pleased with the way it came out - the textures, the colours and the size of the finished ring.
First I crocheted the shank of the ring with a small flared cup in place to hold the flower. Next I carefully (!) needle felted the base blue fibre before adding the synthetic fibre 'stamens' and holding them in place with the bright yellow felted centre.

wire and fibre flower ring: blue anemone

It reminds me a lot of some Japanese anemones I had growing in the garden of my first house, the tiny cottage in Morpeth (OK, the flowers were white not blue but the stamens and centres were amazing, as in the ring).
And it also reminds me of anemones feeding in tide pools! Again that sea/ocean reference!




 
Pin It button on image hover