wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Friday, December 21, 2012

On the twelfth day of Christmas ...

the last of my 12 days posts for Blackberry - there's a link to the whole series at the bottom of the post :)

On the twelfth day of Christmas ...:
the twelve days of christmas
painting by Valerie Simons

Here at last!


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

A grove of twelve (or possibly more) slender birch trees 
(we only have a deck, so where I will put these I have no idea),

Eleven speedy motor cars,
Ten by ten by tens of stunning and artistically crackled grout,
Nine lonesome wilderness beasts (I dare you not to take one home with you),
Eight bearded jolly men,
Seven flights of fairy stairs (we're planning a home extension to accommodate them),
Six felted fibre tree brooches (perfectly at home with the birch grove),
Five crazy ceramic frogs! (the joint is jumping, I tell ya!)
Four swinging metal leaves (my lobes are beautifully adorned),
Three marauding (gently, of course) polar bears,
Two sun-drenched deck chairs (hello Hawaii),
and a glowing lamp by my fireplace (so cosy this Christmas)!


All best wishes for Christmas.
I hope your true love has been as thoughtful and generous as mine - if not, then the gift shop is open on December 22nd so print this list out as a hint and send him/her packing :)

See all twelve days together here.

Artist-made gifts nourish the soul :)

 
Pin It button on image hover