wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

portable polishing kit

This is my portable polishing kit. I use it for polishing up sterling silver, copper or fired fine silver (I have slightly different polishing papers for the unfired art clay pieces and I have to make sure they are well padded for transit).

I can usually fit whatever I need to hand finish inside the tin and the emery file is strapped to the outside. All I need to do when leaving the house for the day is grab it and stuff the kit into my bag.

With the grits and files available I can bring most pieces up to a high shine, or at least start them off by hand so that the machine finishing (either tumbling in stainless steel shot or using a buffing pad with tripoli and rouge at home) is shorter.

Viola!

PS: Now all I need to do is perfect the art of photographing shiny objects!

 
Pin It button on image hover