wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Monday, April 9, 2012

April's Featured Artist: Dan Severance

April's Featured Artist: Dan Severance:





In his own words, Dan Severance.
I work with clay because of the many things I can create from it. Whether it be wheel-thrown or hand-built, the surface can be satin-smooth or the texture of sharp lava, and the colours bold and bright or dark and moody. My inspirations come from nature with its ceaseless textures and ever-changing colours. I want people to pick up and explore the textures of my work with their hands. The firing of the clay is open to many options as well and I enjoy Raku and Pit Firing with their unexpected and wonderful results. My current work is constructed in a way to show how the pieces are assembled, and for the user to enjoy the colours and varied textures in something as simple as everyday dinnerware. 



 
Pin It button on image hover