wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

stunningly bad at this

As you have probably realised, I am stunningly bad at this marketing promo thing. I do have a kind of email list, and I do gather these addresses at craft fairs, etc. .... but then they just sit in my posh notebook until the ink fades.

embrace choker

I have been busy. Some of you may know (from my other blog, which is more ranty and personal in nature and hence not linked to from here) that not only am I taking a part-time college diploma (amazingly good fun but can I get me head round the issue of homework after a gap of a couple of decades?) as well as prepping for an upcoming solo show (more on that below).

So this weekend's upcoming Portobello West season opener in the former athletes' village, creekside in Vancouver, is in danger of passing me by! I will be there, 11am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday 26th/27th along with the amazing Buenostyle and a cagey bee, among other talented artisans.

While I'm "on a roll" I probably also should remind you that I will be at New Westminster's Farmer's Market on Saturday, April 9th (you really should visit for lunch at the market -yum, yum! I recommend the hot dogs).

And I should also announce with glee that I've been accepted for the Spring Got Craft? show at the Legion Hall on Commercial, kicking off on Sunday, May 8th. If you're a goody bag aficionado make sure to mark this date in every diary you possess (and aim to get there 3 hours or so before the doors open! I'm not kidding.)

tanis alexis and ebbandflo -may17th
photocredit - Tanis Alexis

Oh, and the opening night for my show at Port Moody Arts Centre is April 21st (6-8pm). I am soooo excited that my friend Tanis will be exhibiting her amazing work alongside my "home is where the heart is" pieces. This is, for me, a dream come true :)

 
Pin It button on image hover