wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Monday, December 17, 2012

year end

Sketch156223954
Yesterday was my last craft fair, the farmer's market at River Market in New Westminster, so today I reclaimed my studio. Away went the craft fair kit and all the display props - bye bye till the summer season.
It's always somewhat a relief to reach the end of the Christmas madness. Now I can make stuff for fun rather than make it to replace inventory or recreate the dead-cert popular items (which I'm really glad you like, but four moss cuffs in three weeks?) that sell.
This season's been a bit of a creative dead spot where it's a struggle to find the spark. New inventory has appeared with difficulty and not with the same fire as previous years.
However, now that I don't have a need to fill inventory, I can hear my new super-torch calling and some funky copper component designs are taking shape in my daydreams.
Wish me luck for some free time over Christmas - no one will miss the turkey or a clean floor, will they?
 
Pin It button on image hover