wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Friday, October 1, 2010

fibre friday: running amok


I really enjoy making these wire and fibre rings but this week I've been concentrating on some fibre-less versions. Without the fibre, it seems a little tame at first but then my imagination starts to wind up, thinking of the wild embellishments I can add in. Usually I leave the wires unfinished for a while, and it's then that some strange ideas take hold.




The above ring was "one of those moments". It's lovingly known as "you'll have someone's eye out with that ring, dearie".



 Wonder what I'll do with this "blank canvas"? I'll keep you posted. It's headed (I hope) to the Positively Petite exhibition at Place des Arts this christmas (keeping fingers crossed).
 
Pin It button on image hover