wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

custom findings

wire stack
custom sterling silver ear wires fresh from the tumbler

I haven't made these for a while so it was lovely to get a shout from a previous customer wanting a custom listing of my sterling silver ear wires. Of course I was happy to oblige :)

All my ear wires are my own design. I wrap them around my own mandrels then shape the design. The ends are burred smooth and then the metal is hardened in the tumbler with some stainless steel shot.

burrrfinishing off the ends using a cup burr on my proxxon drill


Most of the listings are found here in my Artfire shop but I do still have some listings on good old Etsy. If you prefer to order on your Etsy account just send me an email and I'll oblige. Custom listings are possibly the most efficient way of buying - my pricing is based on the listings posted but your shipping fee is as if it was for just one single order.


 
Pin It button on image hover