wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

telling tales: purity wire crochet cuff


purity cuff front, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

One of the very first wire crochet cuffs I made was for a competition. The bead sets were pre-chosen and competitors had to use them in a piece of jewelry. My entry was a cuff, earrings and necklace set, all featuring wire crochet. I think I used some kind of craft wire, possibly tinned copper.
Although my favourite wire of choice is the copper-core Artistic Wire for sheer ease of handle, colour spectrum and spooling (it doesn't fly off the drum at you when tension is released) I do also work in precious metals.
This Purity cuff is worked in fine, aka 99.9%, silver with a lovely collection of freshwater pearls and white gemstone beads. After working with some pretty eclectic mixes of bead soups for my cuffs I sought sanctuary in a pure white selection.
Thus "purity".

PS: my entry for the bead challenge won second place btw!

 
Pin It button on image hover