wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26th is Purple Day!

purples purse charm

Yes, March 26th is Purple Day! Wear your purple with pride and raise awareness for those living with epilepsy.

This is the second annual Purple Day run by the Canadian Epilepsy Alliance and was started by a nine year old girl from Nova Scotia, who herself deals with the condition on a daily basis.

So far I've twittered about it, I've blogged it and have had it published as my first article as a non-fiction content writer for my local neighbourhood website (please check out the links there for more info on dealing with epilepsy and first aid tips).

... and I've made myself a little purple ribbon on a pin to wear today to raise awareness and let others know that they are not alone.

 
Pin It button on image hover