wire ... metal ... fibre .... unique handcrafted jewelry and accessories for men and women

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

inspired!

The very worst thing about so sick for the last week or more has been the complete lack of energy which accompanied it all. No matter that I was at home, that my portable crafting kit was prepare and easy to tote around the house and that I was never more than about 10 feet from supplies.
I simply didn't have the energy to even knit anything, not even stuff round and round in circles. bleh!
I was therefore happy late yesterday evening to be bitten by the creativity bug and finished off this cute fluffy flotsam cuff.
I've use some machine knit swatches as a base for some wire crochet. The tinned copper mesh holds some gorgeous 'antiquey' pink glass beads and fluffy wool roving embroidery. It was so portable I could finish it off in bed then toss it in the washer with a load the next morning.
All it needs now is a button closure and it's good to go!
Any takers?

portable kit used = crochet hook, wire, bead soup, cutters, darning needle, wool roving scraps

 
Pin It button on image hover